Dear Parent or Guardian:
With national attention currently focused on children’s health and wellness issues, Aramark and The Chariho Regional School District are excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance through a web site called My School Bucks.
Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s meal purchase history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast or lunch within the past thirty days.
To access these services:
- Browse to My School Bucks (there’s is also link on the Chariho district home page)
- Create an account. From here you will be able to view transactions on your student’s account, add money to your account, and print receipts of payment. To create an account, you’ll need:
- Childs Name
- Student ID number (These are available on student schedules, report cards, and will also be distributed on the first day of school. Please do not call the school for your child’s student number. For security reasons, these will not be given out over the telephone.)
- District ZIP code (02894)
- Follow the enclosed instructions to guide you through the easy online account set up process.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online pre-payments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- Payments are generally processed by PayPal within 24 hours. However, if the payment option selected is an eCheck, processing may take anywhere from 4 to 7 business days. If you opt to pay via eCheck, please allow a minimum lead time of one week before the funds are made available in your child’s account.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction.
- Chariho School District does not profit from the use of this site.
We are very excited to offer these new services. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Chariho School Lunch Program. Please write your child’s full name on the check.
If you choose to send your child with cash, please remember that all cash should be in a white envelope (no plastic baggies!) with your child’s name, teacher’s name, date, and amount of money clearly written on the outside of the envelope. Any cash sent that is not presented in the above fashion may not be able to be identified as belonging to your child and so may not be applied correctly.
If you have any questions about these new services, please feel free to contact Fran Sayer, Assistant Director of Food & Nutrition Services at sayer-frances [at] aramark [dot] com or (401) 364-9368.
https://www.myschoolbucks.com/login/getlogin.do: Creating an Online Account
Registering for My School Bucks
- You will first need your child’s student ID number.
- Browse to My School Bucks.
- Click Sign Up and enter the required information. (The district’s zip code is 02894)
- Click Create Account to complete the initial registration process.
Add Students to Your Family Account
- When you log in you will be taken to the homepage.
- Click https://www.myschoolbucks.com/login/getlogin.do from the main menu OR from the blue navigation bar above.
- This is a listing of the students in your account. It will be empty on your first visit to the site.
- Click Add Child and enter the required information.
- Click Add(next to your child’s name) to continue.
- Click Add Child to repeat the process for additional children.
NOTE: Your child’s transaction history report will not display information during the initial account set up process.
How to Make a Deposit
- Click Deposit Money located next to Add Student.
- Enter an amount in the Deposit column next to your child’s name.
- If you have more than one child, enter the amount you wish to deposit into the column next to each child’s name. DO NOT deposit money for your entire family into ONE child’s account.
- Click Calculate.
- Click Make Deposit.
- You will be directed to the PayPal web site to enter your payment information.
- You have the option to use your existing PayPal account or a major credit card to make your payment.
- If you are using your PayPal account, enter your email address and PayPal password to continue.
- If you are using a credit card, enter the required information. For your protection, MY School Bucks does not store your financial information.
- Click Pay Now when finished.
- Click Pay once again to finish the process.